The Bridge Memorial Club closed as required by the Government on March 20th 2020 and remained closed until the permitted reopening date of 4th July 2020, albeit with reduced opening hours. Our hours are still not back to how they were, but we are getting there.
Things within the club are a bit different. In keeping with current guidance and the recent law changes:
- On entering the club we are taking your contact details (for test & trace) either by you scanning the NHS-Covid19 QR code using the official NHS app on your smart phone, or by signing in on our paper register.
- Masks must be worn in the club unless you are sat down at a table to eat or drink. This includes entering or leaving the club, going to the toilets, playing the fruit machines or heading to the snooker room. Masks are available for a 50p donation to the benevolent fund. If you are exempt from wearing a mask please mention it to one of the bar staff.
- We are operating table service only. Once you have been seated one of the staff will be over to take your order.
- No table hopping / mingling between tables is allowed.
- We have reduced the amount of seating available to ensure adequate social distancing
- There are hand sanitising stations all over the place – please use them on entering the club, and after visiting the toilets.
- “Sneeze screens” are in place on the bar, and our staff are wearing visors and / or masks.
Hopefully these measures will help you and our staff feel safe, and make sure we are all on the right side of the law, but they shouldn’t stop you enjoying the club that we all know and love.
Please do remember that many of these measures are now law, it’s not the staff’s fault – they don’t like it any more than you do – and the staff have to wear a face covering for the entire shift. Do not take your frustrations out on the staff members – if we all work together we will be just fine and be able to remain open and hopefully Covid free during these unusual times.
The Committee, Steward and staff are pleased to welcome you back, and hope that you support us by visiting soon.